Did you know that Tennessee’s only sky resort is also the perfect spot for summer fun?
Here are 10 things that you’re going to want to do at Ober Gatlinburg during the summer months!
1. Ride the highest mountain coaster in elevation east of the Mississippi River! The Ski Mountain Coaster is a great way to kick off some summer fun in the Smokies!
2. Take a ride on Ober’s Magic Carpet! You’ll experience the same thrill as you do from tubing in the snow, but instead you’ll have a Smokies summer sky above you and the warmth of the sun as you zoom down one of 4 250’ lanes.
3. Enjoy a free concert! Check out Ober’s website for details on their Ober Rocks Concert Series!
4. Stay cool with Ober Gatlinburg’s Ice Bumper Cars and Ice Skating! Both activities are perfect for a day of family fun out of the sun!
5. Slide down the Smokies Mount Harrison with a trip down the Alpine Slide, a favorite among guests since 1976! Bonus: You’ll get to enjoy a scenic chairlift ride to the halfway point of your adventure on the slide.
6. Cool off with one of 3 water rides; the Blue Cyclone, Shoot The Chute and the Lightning’ Water Ride.
7. Let the kids be kids! Ober’s Kiddie Land playground is free and perfect for the little ones! The Kiddie Rides do require the purchase of an all day wristband, but seeing the joy on your child’s face is priceless!
8. Ride the Carousel. Go ahead, it’s absolutely ok to feel like a 5 year old again. The kids will also enjoy the timeless experience that they’ll share with their children someday as well.
9. Don’t it rain on your Ober parade. Most rain showers during the summer months pass quickly. If it starts to rain during your trip to Ober, enjoy some family fun in the arcade, grab a bite to eat at one of their 7 eateries or shop for a bit!
10. Buy your season pass! The summer is the perfect opportunity to start planning for winter fun as well. While you’re soaking up the sun, snag a deal with early bird pricing on ski area season passes!
Staying with us at Old Creek Lodge will not only put you within walking distance of the Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway, but you’ll also get to enjoy a private balcony by the stream. Every morning you can have breakfast on us, spend a couple afternoons in the outdoor pool and enjoy our home away from home accommodations in one of our cozy guest rooms and numerous amenities!
Are you ready to start planning your next trip to the Smoky Mountains?
Browse our guest rooms and book your stay with us! We’ll see you soon!